Thumb preview Info card
Square

2015 Niepoort Vintage Port

Retail: $100.00

$74.98

per bottle
Free Shipping
This is a PRE-ORDER
Estimated Arrival: 07/28/2017

Rating
95 Pts James Suckling - Jamessuckling.com

Color
Red

Size
750 mL

ABV
N/A

Closure Type
Cork

Vintage
2015

Varietal(s)
Port Varieties


Organic

BioDynamic

Collectable

Kosher

Sparkling

Dessert


Taste

cocoa, honey, vanilla, butterscotch and dark fruit

Nose

cocoa, honey, vanilla, butterscotch and dark fruit

pixel
Subscribe

Daily wine deals emailed to your inbox.

95

James Suckling - Jamessuckling.com:

"This shows the elegance of the vintage. Not many port shippers are declaring but this exhibits length and firmness with structure. Medium to full body, light sweetness and lots of blackberry, blueberry and raspberry character. Very pretty length and firmness. Should be outstanding. Try in 2025."

Product Description:

"What makes 2015 so unique is the purity of fruit - a result of low humidity during the growing season and harvest, which was not affected by the rains in mid-September.

All the components for 2015 Vintage Port were trodden by foot in circular granite lagares at the Vale de Mendiz Port winery. 100% of the stems were included in the vinification. The wines were racked soon after harvest, aged in tonéis in the Douro over the winter, and then moved to Vila Nova de Gaia, in April 2016. The final blend of the Vintage Port rested again in tonéisat their lodges in Vila Nova de Gaia, prior to bottling.

60% of the grapes come exclusively from several very old plots in Vale de Mendiz. These vineyards have contributed to Niepoort Vintage Ports for many generations and define the character of this wine. The remaining 40% came from Niepoort’s own Pisca vineyard." -Importer

InStock

SUGGESTIONS

Suggestion

Klein Pines Central Coast Chardonnay

90 Wine Library

$12.01

Suggestion

Xanadu Next Of Kin Cabernet...

94 James Halliday - Australian...

$14.99

Suggestion

Scotto Family Zinfandel

90 Ultimate Beverage Challenge...

$11.99