Skip to main content
Our biggest wine deals. Available by text! Join Winetext.com today!

2019 Domaine De La Janasse Chateauneuf Du Pape "Cuvee Chaupin"Grenache / Garnacha from France

$69.99

List Price: $84.99

You're saving $15.00!

Domaine Janasse Chaupin is produced from 100% Grenache from old vines that were planted over 100 years ago. In fact, they were planted all the way back in 1912. The terroir is ...

  • 96-99 Jeb Dunnuck - jebdunnuck.com
Image selector to view bottle Image selector to view front Icon sized image of item case card

About

Rating:

96-99

The 2019 Châteauneuf Du Pape Cuvée Chaupin looks to be a magical wine in the making. It has everything you could want from this region as well as from Grenache. Revealing a medium ruby/purple, almost opaque color as well as a gorgeous bouquet of kirsch liqueur, wild strawberries, loamy soil, peppery garrigue, and flowers, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, a seamless, multi-dimensional texture, ultra-fine tannins, and a blockbuster of a finish. This is one of those incredible wines that delivers serious intensity and richness yet stays weightless and is as elegant as they come. It’s going to be approachable with just 2-3 years of bottle age yet will have 20 years or more of longevity.

Product Description:

Domaine Janasse Chaupin is produced from 100% Grenache from old vines that were planted over 100 years ago. In fact, they were planted all the way back in 1912. The terroir is pure sandy soils in the Chapouin vineyard. 70% of the wine is aged in foudres, while remaining 30% is aged in demi-muid. 25% of the demi-muids are new French oak for 12 months. The Production averages 1,000 cases.

Product Detail

Item # 124117
Country France
Region Rhone
Sub-Region Chateauneuf du Pape
Ratings

96-99 - Jeb Dunnuck - jebdunnuck.com

Vintage 2019
Color Red
ABV 14.0%
Varietal(s) Grenache / Garnacha
Size 750mL
Closure Cork
Features Organic
Taste black currant, blackberry, dust and leather
Nose vanilla, toast, smoke, tobacco, dark fruit and red fruit