A Card to Print out for your Wine Collection.
2006 - Caparzo Riserva Brunello Di Montalcino
Sub Region Brunello di Montalcino
Size 750 mL
library code: 81484
From the Critics:
- "A little lean but some pretty dried berry and licorice character on both the nose and palate. Medium to full body, with fine tannins and a delicious finish. Decant two hours before serving. Drink or hold." (09/12) -
- "This shows bright Sangiovese tones of crisp berry and forest floor, followed by subtle touches of spice, leather, black licorice, dried ginger and rosemary. The true character and freshness of the Sangiovese fruit comes through loud and clear. -M.L." (12/12) -
- "This elegant red is harmonious, exhibiting plum and cherry notes, with dense yet integrated tannins carrying the finish. Very supple overall, with a spicy aftertaste. Best from 2013 through 2025. 200 cases imported. -BS" (10/12) -
- "The 2006 Brunello di Montalcino Riserva is an attractive wine laced with sweet red cherries, tobacco, flowers, mint and licorice. The 2006 is an especially refined, subtle Riserva that impresses for its class and elegance. Caparzo gave the 2006 Riserva three years in Slavonian and French oak casks. This is a strong showing from Caparzo. Anticipated maturity: 2016-2026."
"This is another strong showing from Caparzo, a historic estate that seems to be making a comeback after a period of good but not great wines." (04/12) -
- "A big brunello, this is stuffed with black tannins that give an iron oxide edge to the fruit. Its tart red fruit flavors come up in the end and last in a smoky trail of cherries. Potent, bright and concentrated, this has the lean curves of sangiovese, set to develop finesse as it ages." (04/13) -
- "Medium red. Cherry, plum, licorice and menthol on the rather subdued nose, along with a whiff of mint. Silky on entry, then more saline and dense in the middle than the 2007 classico; more tightly wound too. A bit youthfully medicinal on the back end, which features rather suave tannins and good subtle length and lift." (07/12) -